Fire Pits are permitted within the Town of Nobleford provided the following conditions are met:
- There is no fire ban in effect.
- Only clean, dry, untreated wood is burnt. Do not burn any yard waste or garbage, etc.
- Fire is supervised at all times by a competent person.
- A means of extinguishing the fire is kept on hand at all times (ex. garden hose). Fire must be completely extinguished before it may be left unattended.
- The flame does not exceed 1 meter in height at any time.
- Wind is less than 30 km/h.
- Fire is not kindled between 1:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M.
Fire pits must meet the following requirements:
- Be constructed of non-combustible material
- Have an open flame area that does not exceed 1 meter at its widest point.
- Be set upon or built into the bare ground or a non-combustible material.
- Be situated at least 1.5 meters away from any house, garage or similar structure or any other combustible material.
- Not located directly under any tree of overhanging branches.
For full regulations over burning in the Town of Nobleford, please read Bylaw #674 Burning Bylaw.